Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kids Choir Michael Jackson Parody

That's right. You didn't read it wrong. There isn't a lot of fun fathers day songs out there for kids to their fathers. Sure I could pull out "Daddy's hands" or "Father's Eyes" and try and go for tears, but I thought we could do something a little different. For fathers day at New Cov, I had the kids sing a parody I wrote and arranged of Michael Jackson's "Bad." We called it "Dad." We used it to close the service, and all of the dads (and moms) seemed to love it. This is a terrible recording taken with a phone. Besides the ushers getting in the way collecting the offering, the sound doesn't do it justice as the band is completely lost besides the drums (but I have yet to find a phone that will record audio decently without several additional pieces of equipment). The band and tech team did a great job as it looked and sounded great live. Hope you enjoy.



Lyrics:
V1. You taught me how to through a ball
To ride my bike and not to fall
You work so hard for all I need
Still you mow the lawn and pull the weeds

Pre. We take this time to tell ya
We're glad for all u do
But what means the most to us
Is that we see God in you

Ch. Because you're dad, you're dad, we love you
Because you're dad, you're dad, you know it
Because you're dad, you're dad, we love you
Out of all the men in the whole wide world, I gotta say I'm glad that you're
My Dad.

V2. The big games on but you're not there
You're at a dance recital in the front row chair
You always play no matter how you feel
And you're always ready with your fishing reel

V3. I watch you more than you ever could know
I'm growing day by day cause of the seeds you sow
You're love is clear in all I see
And you'll never know how much you mean to me

This post is part of Water Cooler Wed. hosted by Ethos.
This post is part of Creative Chaos hosted by ragamuffinsoul.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny!

Audra Krell said...

Hilarious! That is really cool that you took the time to write new lyrics and make it special for the Dads!

Michelle said...

OKAY...That is adorable:)
Happy Father's day to you also:)

NerdMom said...

That was really cute. I didn't realize that you had written the lyrics. Now is that first service or second? I think I see a kid around where mine was standing that is looking around (like mine was;) but I can't tell if that is the NerdBug or not.

Great Job!

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! Excellent.

Vessel said...

I didn't know you wrote that.....nice. It was too funny. Dad's loved it.