Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Just Happened?

So today we went down to the Fresno Convention Center to an auction of nearly 100 foreclosed properties in the area. There is only one property we had in mind. We sat as it was 19th on the auction block. When the auction began on the house we were interested in and was over. It felt like .002 seconds. I am told it took more like 45 seconds. At the end, I was holding my sign in the air and the auctioneer congratulated me. I was speechless for minutes. We had a signed contract, opened escrow within 15 minutes. So we will be moving in about 3 weeks to a beautiful home for 40% less than what it sold for just 9 months ago. Wow....what just happened. Here is a pic of the house.

4 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

Congrats. Was there anyone bidding against you? I'm really excited to move into your old house in 3 and half weeks!

Michelle said...

Damn...that's a nice lil shack.

if you are interested in property call my dad...he needs some help.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you get in!! But more than that, I can't wait until we have a baby to put in the crib!!

Mom

Vessel said...

Nice.
Wow, you two are adventurous with a baby right on the doorstep..so to speak.