Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Back in the Water


Well a lot has happened in life this year. I haven't been in the water since late August during my wreck class in San Diego. Since that time, I have moved, had a kid, and taken on too many responsibilities at church. The Kids Musical is Dec. 7th and I have planned my first Open Water course starting the next day. I have been feeling withdrawls. I think I am going to try and get away for a quick week in January to do some diving. Bonaire to do some tech diving? Bermuda because I have never been? Key Largo because it is familiar and easy? I don't know. We will see how it transpires.

If you know anyone that wants to learn how to SCUBA dive now is the time. Catalina prices are cheap to stay this time of year and the water temp at 60 ft is about the same as in the summer. Give me a shout!!! There are still a few spots available for this class. The Pool session is Sat Dec. 13 and the Ocean Dives in Catalina are Dec. 20 and 21.

Gonna get back into a regular teaching schedule. And add Sean to your list if you want to hear about some diving. Sean is the other instructor at Aquasports and just started a blog.

And if you are curious about that pic, which I also use as my profile pic, it was taken in Bonaire a few years ago. (Yes I know it wasn't white balanced, I wasn't taken the pic, don't blame me). That is SCUBA MAN. He is a top secret location located somewhere in Bonaire in about 120 ft of water. You can't see it, but he also has fins sticking up from the sand. If you hang out and dive with me in Bonaire, I might just take you there.

1 comment:

Sarah Mundy said...

Christmas vacation begins Dec.19th for me... Interesting...