Thursday, January 22, 2009

Horrible and Disappointing Future


I think often how disappointed I am in my future...which is actually my present. Thinking about the present, which is the future I imagined in the past. Anyone still with me?


I remember watching Back the the Future Part II in the movie theater in 1989. Those of you that don't remember, the future that Marty visited was 2015. Conversations broke out among my class mates at school after we all saw the movie. We were hoping those flying cars would be around by the time we got our drivers licenses! But most of all, we kept checking stores for Hover Boards. It has been 20 years now, and no hover board, or flying car. I am very disappointed. We are only 6 years away from the the 2015 as envisioned by Robery Zemeckis in the movie. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. I think too much research and development has gone in to how to make our portable music players more efficient and not enough engineering getting to what we reallly need... Hover Boards and Flying Cars!!!


Well, there might be hope. I read this article this morning. I guess it might be a good next step. Now can someone get on the little pills that your put in the microwave that turn into gourmet meals as seen on the Jetsons???


No comments: