Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why I don't blog.

The reason's why I don't blog regularly:

The reason's why I don't blog regularly are simple. The most things I, in my heart, want to blog about, most people don't want to read (or the people who actually come here). I let my blog lay dormant most of the time. I most often want to blog about an amazing wine experience or a great diving experience. This is the reason I originally titled my blog "dive n wine". Why do I want to blog about these things??? I don't have any good friends that enjoy wine. I don't have any friends that enjoy diving. So this could be my outlet in sharing about these things that I don't have anyone in my life with to really converse with and share like I would like to be able to.

The problem is, no one out there cares either. The only time I really get love or comments is when I post pics of my daughter. I don't do this very often. My wife does though.

It was a rude awakening that most people that come here could care less about the things I created this to be about, in which I don't have someone in my life to share about. The reason I don't share the pics of my daughter more often, or other trivial things, is I have people to share those things with (the ones in our daily lives). I believe that I have the social and networking skills to turn my blog into a social empire. I don't want that either. I don't want this to be a thing that's purpose is to serve my ego. This blog was never meant to change the world. It was designed as an outlet.

I don't want my blog to be about self promotion. You never hear tax talk cauz I don't want to try and gain business on it. You don't hear endless paragraphs of self revelation, because they are often jumbled in my head and there are countless blogs devoted to such things.

So what will this blog become? I don't know?

So I guess I am asking the few readers that routinely come here. What do you enjoy? What do you want to read? Cauz if it is just an online journal for myself, I can do that in my own book on my nightstand without having to post pictures. What would you want to hear, see, or read about from me?

Seriously? What?

6 comments:

Doulos said...

Just because I don't comment doesn't mean that I don't read. I enjoy your blog, I say keep posting waht you have been posting. I do feel like sometimes this is the only connection that I have to you at times. you know, remember when we were friends in real life...

The Weaver's said...

Hey man, lets see some scuba diving pictures. I may not scuba dive but I am totally a waterman. If you want to talk about beer, I am your man.

Anonymous said...

Baby - it is YOUR blog and YOU should write about what YOU want. I think lots of us read it, but can really only comment on what we do have in common. Now if you would write about a good BOX of wine, I'd get that. I don't dive and I don't like red wine. But, I do love reading about what is going on in your life. So you just keep doing what you have been. I love you.
Mom

Hale-Yeah! said...

I think you need to write about what you want to write about. Otherwise it's not you. Everyone has those blog feelings of "who is gonna want to read this". People that love you, that's who. We just want to know what goes on in your head. Plus you never know what kind of relationships could start from a random blog post

Anonymous said...

Let's talk about good Cabernet, o.k.? That's a topic for Jen
And Jason will enjoy talking about diving.
There. We've got interest in both now. :)

Michelle said...

I'd love to see more diving pics. I'm not a wine person but I do enjoy seeing what you like and etc. I also STILL want you to post pics of Kenna Bell and Miles.
Congrats on the new edition to your growing family.