Friday, January 25, 2008

99 Pine Ridge Stag's Leap


As I posted about the 02 Oakville from Pine Ridge, I thought I would post about my favorite wine they have made. I have three bottles remaining and the last one I had was in December at Trelio. I do not remember the exact contents, but I ate the Chimichuri Tri Tip that chef Mike concocted and it was amazing!!! I like it even more than their Filet (and that is saying something if you know me).

Quick Facts:
Pine Ridge, Cabernet Sauvignon, Stag's Leap, 1999
80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot, 8% Merlot, 3% Malbec, and 3% Cabernet Franc.
5,000 cases made
Oak: 100% French, 85%new for 16 months
Release: 2001 $60
Ratings: 94 (WS and #4 on top 100 wines of 2002)

My Thoughts: Amazing Black fruits with mocha, vanilla, and cedar and earth hints. Balanced and complex. Should be great over the next decade. My only problem is how to make my last three bottles last.

No comments: