Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bonneau Chardonnay


Well if you know my wine tastes, you will hardly see me drink Chardonnay. This is for a few reasons. I have not found one I like well enough to purchase one directly, and when I go out, I eat meals that would be wayyyy to big for them. However, sometimes a wine club will ship me one and I will try it. Many I drink are nothing but butter and I want a lobster tail to dip into them. I rarely drink one that is of a complexity and taste of my liking. Most of the time I think "man I wish they would have sent me something other than chardonnay" however... I opened this tonight.

Bonneau Chardonnay, Catherine's Vineyard, Los Carneros, 2004
Retail Price: $22
Production: 800 cases
Ratings: Double Gold Medal San Francisco Wine Competition

My Thoughts: Wow, it had wonderful forward hints of asian pear and peach. Nice balance of fruit, oak, and acidity. Greatly enjoyed it and would reccomend to highly.

What I ate: Chicken vegetable pasta medley that my wonderful wife made.

Check out Bonneau here.

No comments: