Friday, August 15, 2008

Blog Drought

So I have been some what of a blog drought. It isn't that I haven't had anything blogworthy, I just haven't been motivated to blog it. Last week I took an amazing Open Water SCBUA class to Catalina. The class was fun, a big class (13), but a very fun class. August in Catalina is great, water temp 74, and was a great trip. I have had some amazing meals and amazing wines but didn't blog those either.
So I will take you to my week this week. I have been busy everyday, try and have a decent dinner, then around 10pm I crank up the TIVO and watch olympics until about 3am. Olympic time gets me all juiced up. And this is why I am a bad person. I don't want our athletes to win, I want them to embarrass the competition. I draw dirty looks from my wife when I yell "FALL ON YOUR FACE" when a little 12 year old Chinese girl (yeah, I said 12) is doing her uneven bars routine. I get a little "homosexual" as my wife likes to remind me with my passion for the girly sports (gymnastics, diving), but I am right there to root for the manly ones as well!!!
My wife called me man pregnant because of my higher than usual emotions during these Olympic games. I proved her point as a tear fell from my eye during the medal ceremony of the Women's Gymnastics all around medal ceremony. Our girls went 1-2 and I was with them every step of the way (minus the past 4 years they spent every waking moment training).
USA!!!

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Don't feel bad, it just means you're passionate. Me and Bri cry at many things we watch. We always look to see who's first to shed a tear. Thank you so much for lunch on Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!