Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Everywhere I look

So evidently my wife is not just gaining weight. She is growing a human life in that belly of hers. We talk about how it still doesn't feel real to me. It feels more real to her because it is happening in her body. It's ok, because my daddy to be books say the universe will correct itself the minute she will be born and all will be glorious in the world. I really can't wait for that moment. I will need a bucket for my tears if P.S I Love You was any indication of where my emotions are at right now. See the birth is not what I am concerned about. We have 835 pregnancy and birthing books laying around the house. We have hired a doula to help us out, not to mention nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals ready to tend to every need. No, I am not worried about that. It is the hours after that, where they make sure you have a car seat installed correctly and say "See Ya." I saw this today in the bathroom. Have seen them thousands of times, but today it freaked me out.
They are going to let us take home this baby. All of the things in the that the government regulates, applications, and licensing and tests, but a human life, no problem. Just go ahead and take that home! Good luck. Yes I am afraid. Will we be good parents? I believe so! Will be screw up a bunch? Of course! Now everywhere I look I see things like this little cute Koala bear that sends my head in a tailspin of the uncertainty of what is to come. But I guess that is part of the fun (or I am hoping it is)!

4 comments:

Doulos said...

What is a doula?
I'm guessing that it is a person that deals with helping with childbirth...

just wondering, since my name is Doulos, which is the Greek word for servant or slave.

Anonymous said...

You are going to be an awesome Daddy, but better still, a wonderful Father.

I love you so much, Mom.

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

You are so cute and going to be a great dad(1).

Sources cited:
1. http://liegedavis.blogspot.com/2008/08/fatherhood.html

Michelle said...

There is not a doubt in my mind you will be SUPERDAD Chad:)

And always put down tons of paper towels on those changing stations under your changing pad...they are GERMY and NASTY.