Thursday, March 24, 2005

BACK TO WORK

I have taken a four day vacation in the middle of tax season. I am paying for it now as I look at my stack of tax returns that have come in during that time. Vacation? I think not. That is what they call it when you take an extended time away from your work. Well I was with 58 Jr High kids (only 22 signed up). So despite all the initial stress of dealing with more than double the amount of kids, and the neighbor getting extrememly angry, we had a very successful event. We prepared over 500 lunches and took down to the highly poulated homeless community in downtown Fresno. The kids were very tentative at first, but were soon running lunches to people with huge smiles on their faces. MY wife took some powerfun pictures and I will have them posted here shortly. Now that I am back in the office after 4 days off I should be refreshed right??? HARDLY! Next time I take four days off I am going to make sure their is a lake or pool, an umbrella, a lounge chair, and a Pina Colada involved! In all seriousness, the event was a lot of work, and stressful, but extremely powerful. All of us (staff and kids) really took a step back and thank God for what he has given us. What he has given us should not be so we may live in comfort and luxury. What he has given us should be resources and tools so we are able to bless others and share the joy of his kingdom.

No comments: