Sunday, March 27, 2005

Three Years...

Well today my wife and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We went to eat at my favorite place in the world, Erna's Elderberry House. It is the only 5 diamond restaruant on the west coast. It will be an experience, and expect to pay (about $400 per couple), but it is well worth it. Three years must seem like such a short time to many people. However, I have grown 300 years spiritually and mentally in those 3 years. Many people put importance on becoming a parent, as well they should. Amazon.com returns over 5,000 hits for parenting. What about becoming a husband? Shouldn't you learn to walk before you run? It seems in this day and age that marriage has become obsolete. It is simple to end unlike a child. My wife and I have had hard times in our three years that many people would have called it quits. I don't have any radical advice or ways to change the way our society views marriage, but it ticks me off. All I can say is talk to those single young men like no one ever talked to me. Be a mentour of someone so they can lean on you and you can pick them back up when they fall and fail as a husband and leader of their household. There are few real men left in our world.

1 comment:

Pat Callahan said...

Good stuff, bro! I would agree that you have grown tremendously in the past 3 years. Keep it up!