Thursday, March 17, 2005

Exhaustion

The last two days people have looked at me and wondered what is wrong with me. The trees are blooming and I have so much benedryl in my system I am amazed I can put one foot in front of the other. This may be why I don't appear to be "myself" at first glance. I have taken on the project of trying to plan a 24 hour Jr. High event in 5 days. Seems easy enough to a casual observer. But 10-12 hours at the church working to coordinate such an event and get as much donated as possible can drain you. Not to mention a stack of tax returns to come home to (which is the only income source so should not be neglected). Most people would complain about working such hours. I have never felt more alive and utilized in my life. When you lay your head down on your pillow and you have not an ounce of energy left in your body, and you don't need Letterman or the History Channel to help you fall asleep, you know you have had a productive day. IT is a good feeling. So when I lay down to sleep and still feel refreshed and full of energy, I am going to have to ask myself, "Did I give my all today for the Lord and expanding his kingdom." When it is time for bed (on a work day) and I don't feel my knees buckle as I collapse onto the mattress thinking, "I thought this moment would never arrive" I will know I did not give God everything I had that day.

No comments: