Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Divemaster Update 2

Well as I type right now, I am about 7 miles off shore on the Atlantic Ocean. We are tied up to the dive site in which I am doing my mapping project for my Divemaster class. I did two dives on it this afternoon, and will get started on it again first thing in the morning. The mapping project will take at least 6 hours (underwater). I have to take every measurement of the wreck and do a complete report. I will post it here when I am done (next week some time). The wreck is the Benwood. It was running lights out back in 1942 to avoid Uboats and colided with another ship. Over the past 66 years it has become an amazing artificial reef and has more fish life on it than any other site in the Keys. Unfortunately all the time spent on it I am ignoring the life to complete my map.
With the rocking of the boat, I am going to sleep like a baby tonight!!!

No comments: