Tuesday, April 29, 2008

IDC IS HISTORY!!!

I completed the 8-10 day course in just 4 days. I am sitting, with a beer looking at the water relaxing for the first time in the 12 days I have been here. I am not taking any books to my room, or reading or studying anything tonight!!! It will be my first full nights sleep in awhile. The IE (Instructor Examination) with the PADI Rep isn' until the weekend, so I am going to start the MSDT (Master Scuba Diver Trainer) program tomorrow. The good news, although it is a lot of learning, it is a lot more relaxed and fun and includes a lot of diving. For the Deep and Wreck Specialty Trainer certification I am going to dive the DUANE tomorrow.This is a pic of the Duane before she ended up on the sea floor. Many people say it is their favorite site in the keys so I am looking forward to it.

Shout out to myself:
My Instructor is a Platinum Course Director with PADI (highest it gets). He was taken over 300 instructors through this program. Today he told me:
"You are one of the better candidates I have ever seen, if not the best I have ever had."

That made me feel good. Adult beverage and relaxation time!!! (at least until 8am when the next course starts).

1 comment:

Liege said...

Congrats sweetie. I'm so proud of you. I know you'll do just fine with the written tests :)
Love you and miss you :)