Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nocturnal By Necessity

Well it is about 5am on Friday night (I guess that would be Sat morning wouldn't it) and am I am finishing working for the night. People ask all the time "how can you work those crazy hours?" Well I do it out of necessity. I count on 10pm-4am as my money time. The wife goes to bed, and I have 6 solid hours of no breaks, no phone ringing constantly, no errands, no appointments, no meetings, NO INTERRUPTIONS!!! In one of my normal 10-4's, in one night, I can get more done than an entire Monday-Friday 9 to 5 normal person work week. I have been pulling the 10-4's the last two or three weeks (minus a few nights I wasn't feeling well) and that ensure's I can complete all of my client's returns in a timely manner and not have to hire an office assistant or helper. Anytime I get busy I will go into nocturnal mode. I get energized at night too so that helps. I get all my work done while everyone is asleep, and then sleep while they are trying to bug me. Well, I better get to bed before the sun comes up, I don't want to melt or anything.


No comments: