Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aging Wine...


You may have noticed you haven't seen any wine reviews in awhile. Well with the wife being pregnant, I really haven't opened anything at home. I just can't open a really good wine by myself, it just doesn't seem right. I have no one else really to enjoy wine with (if you are my friend and enjoy wine, come over, I have been dying to try some things). Well the good news is my cellar is well stocked. Here are a few things I have obtained over the past couple months I am anxiously awaiting exploding in my palate:

2 bottles of 2004 Scarecrow, 312 cases made, current trading price $899 per bottle (I paid no where near this price, thanks to Trelio for tracking it down for me at retail!!!)

1 case Keever, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2005 (850 cases made), Trading Price $135/btl

1 bottle Barbour, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2005 (182 cases made), trading price $150/btl

2 bottles Core, Elevation Sensation, 2005 (300 cases made) trading price $50/btl

2 bottles Corra, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2004 (290 cases made) trading price $345/btl

Now I have put about 60 bottles in my cellar since I last took one out, but these are the prized possessions I am anxiously awaiting to consume. I would have had to sell my kidney to be able to afford these wines at current trading prices. I am glad I have connections that can hook them up even less than their retail prices.

Any takers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout I bring my box over???

Love ya.

Mom

Pat Callahan said...

OK... I'm coming over. I just wanna be a blessing to you. It's not like I like good wine or anything. This is all about serving YOU!

Chad Davis said...

I am glad I have people like u that will self sacrifice for someone else. U bring the meet, I'll provide the grill and the wine.