Monday, May 26, 2008

MORE DIVE TRAINING...


Now that I have completed all my training for teaching recreational SCUBA diving, it is time to continue my education with the fun stuff that I enjoy. I am continuing my technical training and will wrap up the following courses this week:
DSAT Tec DEEP
TDI Advanced Nitrox
TDI Decompression Procedures

If you were wondering what technical diving is, let me give you a brief description. Recreational diving (what most people do when they get certified) allows you to dive up to 130ft (with proper training) and not stay at depths long enough that would require decompression stops. It is all "no stop diving." You can always ascend from where you are to the surface.
Technical diving you may get certified to dive to depths of up to 335ft (with proper training) on open circuit scuba using different gases other than air or Enriched Air and involves decompression training (yes you may have to hang at 20ft for 3 hours some times if you went deep or long enough).
Why do I want to tec dive? Simple. Wrecks. That is what I love. Many of them are in deeper water than 130 ft, and the ones that are not you can spend more time and do some deep penetration on them (that's what she said).
Tec diving includes a lot of time, training, and expensive equipment. As you see from the picture, some times you may have to wear an entire dive shop.

1 comment:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron) said...

That's tight but I hope you don't die or anything. I wonder how much strapping a dive shop on your back costs.