Thursday, February 07, 2008

GIGI'S

My wife and I went to Gigi's Cucina tonight in the Fort Washington area. This was our second time there. The first time I was conservative and went with the Lobster Ravioli. It was great as was the overall service, presentation, and quality of product for the price. It is not inexpensive, but very reasonable for what you get in return. This time I tried something new, filet mignon. OK Cow is not exactly new to me, but the way they make it is.
What he had:
Filet Al Cafe
Filet Mignon served with coffee bean, kaluha and bailey's irish cream reduction sauce. I am not exactly sure what else was in the sauce, but it was amazing. Very unique sauce that was creative and complemented the beautiful piece of meat.

What She had:

Duck with blackcherry grappa sauce. I snuck a bite of this and it was also amazing. I will be getting this next time I go so I can enjoy an entire portion of it.


I brought a bottle of Westbrook Wine Farm, Fait Acompli, 2005. Since I was drinking alone I didn't want to spend money on a nice bottle only to drink two glasses. I enjoyed the Fait as always, and let the entire staff have the rest of the bottle (which they seemed to enjoy). It paired nicely with the Filet.

SAVE ROOM FOR THE HOME MADE TIRAMISU!!!

No comments: