Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GREAT IDEA!!!


Lets make an airport. How about it be one terminal, and just one really long narrow terminal. Let's create 50 or so gates and space them out 75-100 yards a part. Lets save money and not build any trams or people movers!!! Then when someone flys into gate 47, and their connection flys from gate 4, they can walk 84 miles to their connecting flight!!!

Wait this has already been done. It is in Mexico City.

I do not mind red-eye flights, but this time I had two connections, and didn't get any sleep. I tried to save a buck by flying Mexicana instead of AA or Continental. The good news, when Mexicana says the flight leaves at 11:15am, you are in the air by 11:10am. When AA says 11:15am, you are in the air by...ohhhh 11:40ish. The airline wasn't bad, no luxury by any means, but the airport in Mexico City is a nightmare. I think they make it so long so you have to walk past the seemingly 862 duty free shops before your next flight. It may not have been as bad as I remember it, and maybe I am grouchy and tired, but whoever designed the airport is a moron.

No comments: